We're Hiring a Business Development Specialist
Greater Good Strategy seeks a part-time Business Development Specialist to lead our sales efforts.
We’re a 35-person consulting firm working mostly with small- to medium-sized nonprofit organizations. We love to create digital marketing and fundraising strategies that will help our clients thrive. Our team is composed of seasoned nonprofit professionals, strategists, graphic designers, digital organizers, copywriters, web developers and project managers.
Candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. People of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to join the Greater Good Strategy team.
Please read on if:
- you’ve worked in a fast-paced sales environment for a total of three years.
- you bring energy and tenacity to relationship building.
- independent, responsive, solution focused, and motivated are words others use to describe you.
- you’re looking for a part-time sales consultant role.
- you have a fire in your belly (read: somewhat impatient and really good at fast follow-up).
- you’re able to devote some time daily to this role.
In this role you will:
- use your network and your prospecting skills to identify and generate leads.
- build a sales funnel and stay closely attuned to potential client needs as you guide them through that funnel to conversion.
- create engaging and tailored messaging that highlights the impact and value of Greater Good Strategy’s services.
Desired experience and attributes:
- at least three years of experience in building a sales operation and creating a seamless sales experience for clients across multiple channels
- strong sense of ambition, self-motivation, self-discipline and superior communications skills
- high comfort level with Asana, Google Drive and Zoom
Anywhere! (this position will work remotely, and when restrictions are lifted, will travel to meet in person with prospective clients)
Hours are flexible with an expectation of availability during normal business hours to support daily email response with clients, prospects, and colleagues.
The Business Development Specialist will earn $1,500 per month plus 10% commission on sales. There is an opportunity for a $1,500 bonus at the end each quarter; benchmarks will be discussed during interviews. On-target earnings will be $7,500 a month.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Business Development Specialist in the subject line.